Friday, December 5

Family

"Begin in 2 Nephi 5:6 with Nephi's observation: 'I . . . did take my family . . . and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters.' Here indeed is a significant key to happiness--one's family. There is no other organization that can so completely satisfy our need for belonging and happiness like the family. Why do we yearn for home and loved ones? I believe this yearning is a universal, God-given instinct that all people in all cultures are blessed with. I also believe that a loving Heavenly Father gives it to us because within the family we experience most of life's greatest joys. The sights, sounds, and associations of family and home are among our most treasured memories and provide our fondest anticipations. Sometimes after an enjoyable family home evening, during a fervent family prayer, or engaging in a session of lively, good-natured conversation, I quietly say to myself, 'If heaven is nothing more than this, it will be good enough for me!'" -Marlin K. Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment